The pZE department has multiple functions:
- Oversee long range planning for the township
- Review of all development proposals submitted to the Planning Commission
- Review of all variance, text interpretations and other appeals submitted to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Administration and enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance and General Ordinance
- Facilitation of the Private Road application and review process
- Residential zoning compliance for building permit applications
- Storm water permitting process
- Assist residents with questions about their property
The Planning and Zoning Department also provides professional and administrative staff to both the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals. This includes the preparation of agendas, coordination of reviews with other departments and public hearing notice requirements.
What can I do with my property? Where can I open my business?
Our eCode360® MapLink™ powered by ZoningHub™ site can help you find the answers you need.
MapLink presents elements from Cannon Township Zoning Code in an interactive zoning map that lets you find the
property information you need quickly and easily.
- View essential zoning elements for development including dimensional requirements,
allowable uses and zoning districts
- Zoom in on individual parcels to examine zoning requirements in greater detail
- Receive email alerts whenever zoning Code information is updated
- And much more!
View our MapLink site here! (live link)
Contact the zoning Administrator
monday - friday
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category