Cannon Township, Michigan

Cannon Township is a great place to live, work and do business.


Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-4 of 4
Can I have horses on my property, and if so, how many?
On parcels of ten (10) acres or less in the RR Rural Residential District, and with a minimum of two acres, you may have one horse per acre up to 10 horses. Over ten acre properties have no limit on the number of horses. On parcels in the R-1 Low Density Single Family Dwelling District, the minimum parcel size is two and one half acres (2-1/2) for the keeping of a horse.
How do I divide my property?
The number of land divisions is determined by the State of Michigan Land Act and by the current zoning of the property in Cannon Township. The RR - Rural Residential District requires a minimum lot size of two acres with 175 feet of road frontage. The length of the parcel cannot be longer than four times its width (example: 4 x 175 = 700). Another restriction is the date of the last land division.
How do I find out the Zoning District for my property?
It is easy to find out the Zoning District. Click on the Zoning Map and you should be able to find your property by checking the cross streets. Some parcels may need an interpretation by the Zoning Administrator. Most of the Township is in the RR - Rural Residential & Agricultural Zoning District.
Where do I find the setback requirements for a zoning district?
Chapter 14, Zoning Ordinance, Schedule of Regulations lists all district setback requirements.
Results 1-4 of 4